The Margaret River Region is home to top quality food and wine, world class beaches and an abundance of nature based activities.
Our top 10 things to do are:
- Enjoy a few hours of indulgence over a long lunch at a winery restaurant, where local chef’s showcase the regions produce. We have Hamelin Bay wines a 5 minute drive away and the wonderful Glenarty Wines a little further from that.
- Be adventurous and give surfing, stand up paddle boarding, mountain biking or even skydiving a go.
- Walk or train to the end of the Busselton jetty and come face to face with marine life at the Underwater Observatory. Or do an undersea walking tour in summer.
- Join a tour or do your own cellar door hop and taste the regions premium produce on a winery or brewery tour. You can even try gin, whiskey, vodka or other spirits.
- Head underground on an adventure tour of the magical caves systems. There are 4 caves to choose from, each one is uniquely decorated with crystal formations.
- Walk a section of the magnificent Cape to Cape track (or all of it if you are game)
- Head up to Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse and see where the Southern Ocean and Indian Ocean meet.
- Immerse yourselve in Aboriginal history and culture of the Margaret River region on a tour.
- Get up close to wild Eagle rays in Hamelin Bay, standing in ankle deep water, the eagle rays may swim right up to you and glide over your toes.
- Spot migrating humpback and Southern right whales on a whale watching tour from Augusta (June to September) or from Busselton and Dunsborough (September to December)